Security Search Operations for illegal or prohibited items are an essential part of a security strategy for any company. The requirement for vigilance from terrorism and crime in all areas of commercial and public life in the United Kingdom and overseas requires quality assured search training taught by experienced and qualified professionals to National Occupational Standards.
The aim of this 5-day training course is to train security personnel to carry out systematic searches for illegal or prohibited items in support of specific events or as a part of everyday guarding operations. The course consists of five modules:-
- Module 1: The Threat The aim of this module is to introduce the learner to the threat from terrorism and the role systematic Security Search plays in countering the threat.
- Module 2: Searching People and Bags The aim of this module is to ensure that the learner is able to conduct a systematic security search of people and their bags.
- Module 3: Searching Vehicles The aim of this module is to ensure that the learner is able to conduct a systematic security search to locate specific targets in vehicles.
- Module 4: Searching Buildings The aim of this session is to ensure that the learner is able to conduct a systematic Security Search to locate specific targets in buildings.
- Module 5: Open Areas, Boundaries and Vulnerable Points. The aim of this session is to ensure that the learner is able to conduct a systematic Security Search of open areas, boundaries and vulnerable points to locate specific targets.