Please be advised we are not currently running SIA courses until 2020
Looking for a career in the Security industry?
If you are looking to train as a Door Supervisor or Security Guard…….then look no further, Train2Protect (T2P) International Ltd offers SIA licence approved training for Door Supervisors and Security Guards. Train2Protect currently provides SIA Licence Security guard, Door Supervisor and Door Supervisor Upskilling Training in Rochester, Medway, Kent & London.
Note: With effect from January 2015 the SIA Door supervisor course has been extended and is now 5 days long or 4 days plus 8hrs distance learning. Door supervisors with one of the older qualifications who need to pass the new ‘Up-Skilling Door Supervisors’ award before they are able to renew their SIA licence, will now need to attend the extended 2 day up-skilling course which will include physical intervention skills training, awareness of terrorist threats, considerations in dealing with 14 to 18 year-olds and first aid awareness. If you require up-skilling, click here.
As one of the UK’s leading training and consultancy organisations for Explosive Search and other related Specialist Security Services, Train2Protect offers SIA Licence training programmes for Door Supervisors and Security Guards that have been designed to exceed the SIA’s licensing requirements.
What is the role of a Door Supervisor?
Door Supervisors are responsible for the safety and security of staff and customers in premises such as pubs, clubs and bars.
The duties of a Door Supervisor can include:
- Checking the suitability of customers at entrance points – Profiling
- Searching of customers for drugs, weapons or other contraband – Security Search
- Dealing with conflict in a safe manner – Conflict Resolution
- Restraining and escorting individuals from the venue if required – Physical Intervention
- Dealing with emergencies – First Aid & Terrorism Awareness
- Liaising with Emergency services – Communication
What skills do Door Supervisors need?
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to be polite and courteous at all times
- Dress in a smart manner that is appropriate for the venue
- The ability to identify potential problems
- The ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm, confident and safe manner
- Enjoy unsociable hours and working with people in a pub/bar/club environment.
What do you need to become a Door Supervisor?
- All Door Supervisors in England and Wales need a Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence. To get a licence, you must:
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Provide evidence of identity as required by the SIA. For the latest requirments click on the following link http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-document-groups.aspx (link is external)
- Pass a Criminal Records Check (CRC)
- Attend and Pass an approved Door Supervisor training course
The new 2015 SIA criteria requires all students to have a good command of the English language.
As a guide, candidates should have learning skills equivalent to the following:
- A B1 Level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- An ESOL qualification at level 1 (Ofqual) if taken in England or SCQCF level 5 or 6 if taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills at SCQF level 5 or 6
Train2Protect can provide you with approved training. Our Door Supervisor training and the award of the BTEC Level 2 National Certificate for Door Supervisors from EDEXCEL upon completion meets the license requirements of the SIA.
The training for these qualifications includes four modules:
1. Common Module
2. Specialist Module
3. Conflict Management
4. Escorting and Disengagement (Physical Intervention)
Train2Protect currently provides SIA Licence Security guard and Door Supervisor Training in Rochester, Medway, Kent & London.
If you are a company, nightclub or other venue and would like training within England or Wales for a number of staff, we can run a course on your premises, at a date and time convenient to you, for more details please contact us.
Further information on the SIA and getting a license
To learn more about the requirements for becoming a Door Supervisor including the legal and ID requirements, you can download the SIA ‘Get Licensed’ booklet here.(link is external) (Download size: 551kb) this contains information about licensing for door supervisors and other SIA licensed security roles.