This two-day mental health first aid course provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions. They will learn how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Learners will recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse.Learners will not be expected to diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get
The Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health from Train2Protect is a two-day regulated qualification.
£150 inc VAT, this price includes certification and manual
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to be an active Mental Health First Aider or Mental Health Champion in the workplace.
Supervising First Aid for Mental Health Course outcomes
At the end of this two-day course, learners will:
- Understand what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers
Successful completion of our regulated level 3 mental health first aid training course will help you:
- Implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- learn about the first aid action plan for mental health
- obtain a level 3 qualification in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
- confidently and competently deal with mental health issues in the workplace