The 4 day IOSH Managing Safely course will provide you with a clear understanding of health & safety issues in the workplace.
There are no pre-requisites.
Who should attend
The IOSH Managing Safely course is suitable for employees in supervisory, managerial and even director roles regardless of your business type, who need a broad understanding of health and safety at work. Internationally-recognised, the IOSH Managing Safely course is ideal for companies and individuals that need to demonstrate they are complying with the ever increasing demand for evidence of health and safety compliance.
The IOSH Managing Safely Course includes:
- Recognising commonly found workplace hazards and knowing how to control them
- Determining why accidents involving injury or damage occur in the workplace
- How aspects of human behaviour can affect health and safety at work
- How to apply principles of good management to health and safety
- How to use effective communication and make sure that health and safety law is obeyed within the workplace
- Other subjects covered include: the principles of management, health and safety law, accident causation and prevention, risk assessment and control, monitoring safety performance, human factors and communications, occupational health hazards, machinery safeguarding, electrical safety, fire prevention, and manual and mechanical handling.
Assessment & Award
The course is assessed by a short assessment paper and a post-course practical risk assessment assignment.
IOSH Managing Safely certificates are awarded upon successful completion