IOSH Managing Safely, this 3 day course will provide you with a clear understanding of health & safety issues in the workplace.
No previous experience of Health & Safety is required.
Who should attend the IOSH Managing Safely
Managing Safely is suitable for employees in supervisory, managerial and even director roles regardless of your business type, who need a broad understanding of health and safety at work. Internationally-recognised, the IOSH Managing Safely course is ideal for companies and individuals that need to demonstrate they are complying with the ever increasing demand for evidence of health and safety compliance.
The Managing Safely Course includes:
- Recognising commonly found workplace hazards and knowing how to control them
- Determining why accidents involving injury or damage occur in the workplace
- How aspects of human behaviour can affect health and safety at work
- How to apply principles of good management to health and safety
- How to use effective communication and make sure that health and safety law is obeyed within the workplace
- Other subjects covered include: the principles of management, health and safety law, accident causation and prevention, risk assessment and control, monitoring safety performance, human factors and communications, occupational health hazards, machinery safeguarding, electrical safety, fire prevention, and manual and mechanical handling.
Assessment Process and Certification
The IOSH Managing Safely course is assessed by a short assessment paper and a post-course practical risk assessment assignment. Students are fully supported throughout and can speak to their trainer for advice when completing the assessment.
Managing Safely certificates are awarded by IOSH upon successful completion of both the assessment and assignment.
What our students have to say
“It was very easy to understand, the trainer was very knowledgeable”
KB Shift Manager, Shepshed
“The trainer made it very interesting and kept my moral high throughout the course”
ST, Facilities, Shepshed