This one day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training course is suitable for small/medium low risk companies with fewer than 50 employees where a nominated person is required to take charge during a first aid incident. An Emergency First Aider would also be suitable to support fully qualified First Aiders in larger organisations. For larger and higher risk work places our First Aid at Work course may be more appropriate
Emergency First Aid at Work – Topic areas covered:
- Basic Life Support – (CPR) including use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Incident, accident and casualty management
- Primary and Secondary surveys
- Shock, Controlling bleeds
- Common work place injuries
- Fractures and Burns
- Common Illnesses
The course includes practical demonstrations and practice periods throughout.
Attendees must be physically fit and able to carryout CPR on a casualty who is on the floor.
On completion of the course, candidates will receive an HSE recognised EFAW certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 years.