This First Aid at Work course in Rochester, Medway, Kent, is run over 3 consecutive days and meets the requirements of the HSE. Candidates MUST attend all 3 days to complete the course.
Designed to meet the HSE’s requirement for First Aid in the Workplace, this 3 day First Aid at Work course in Rochester, Medway, Kent, is also suitable for anyone looking for a basic understanding of what to do in an emergency or if some one is taken suddenly ill. The HSE states that this course is particularly suited too: Higher risk work places or the larger company.
Delegates will be taught using a mixture of theory and practical lessons with scenario based training throughout to deal with accidents and illnesses in the workplace. Where appropriate, the course content will be tailored to meet individual workplace requirements.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is Choking
- chest injuries including the treatment of Heart Attacks, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and safe use of an AED
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or Bleeding and/or in Shock
- injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries
- soft tissue injuries
- administer first aid for burns and scalds
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment & recognition of illnesses including; Asthma, Diabetes & Stroke
All candidates will be assessed practically throughout the course.
Successful completion of the course will result in the award of a First Aid at Work certificate in accordance with the HSE’s requirements, valid for 3 years.
All candidates will receive a Manual and personal emergency response key ring pack.