This first aid training course is suitable for small/medium low risk companies with fewer than 50 employees where a nominated person is required to take charge during a first aid incident. An Emergency First Aider (EFA) would also be suitable to support fully qualified First Aiders in larger organisations.
Topic areas covered:EFAW
- Basic Life Support (CPR) including use of an AED
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Incident, accident and casualty management
- Primary and Secondary surveys
- Shock, Controlling bleeds
- Common work place injuries
- Fractures and Burns
- Common Illnesses
On completion of the course, candidates will receive an HSE recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 years.
Note: The HSE strongly recommends that Emergency First Aiders attend 3hr annual updates.