This two-day mental health first aid course provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions. They will learn how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Learners will recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse.
Learners will not be expected to diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get
The Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health from Train2Protect is a two-day regulated qualification.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to be an active Mental Health First Aider or Mental Health Champion in the workplace.
Supervising First Aid for Mental Health Course outcomes
At the end of this two-day course, learners will:
- Understand what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers
Successful completion of our regulated level 3 mental health first aid training course will help you:
- Implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- learn about the first aid action plan for mental health
- obtain a level 3 qualification in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
- confidently and competently deal with mental health issues in the workplace
Where and when do we run our courses:
We currently run open Mental Health First Aid courses throughout the Rochester, Medway, Kent the South East and London, click here to see course dates and locations.
15th & 16th April – Rochester
We can run in-house Mental Health First Aid courses at your location anywhere in the UK or overseas. Training can take place 24/7, we do not charge a premium for weekend or out of hours training, if you want to book, check availability or have any further questions about our Mental Health First Aid courses, please call our office in Kent on freephone 08000 438827, email or click here to contact us.
How much do our Mental health First Aid courses cost?
Cost per Candidate: £240 inc VAT (discounts available on pre-paid bulk bookings)
In-house: £2000 + VAT (max 12 persons) to book in-house courses please contact us.
Upon successful completion all candidates receive a Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health qualification and a training manual.