Train2Protect’s First aid for Babies course is designed to provide anyone who might care for a Baby with the basics required to cope with a First Aid incident in the home or when out with a baby.
Frighteningly, research has shown that:
- 19% of parents have seen their child choke but 69% didn’t know what to do.
- 92% of parents don’t think their baby sitter would know what to do in the event of a first aid emergency
- 41% of babies and young children have received a burn and 60% of parents don’t know what to do.
- Whilst there is currently no legislation regarding the content, duration or skills required to teach First Aid for babies and almost anyone could start to teach it, we use only fully trained and skilled first aid instructors.
Who should attend the First Aid for Babies course?
This course is ideal for anyone caring for babies and young children. These could include:
- Aunts and Uncles
Where can you attend one of our courses?
Our courses can be held in the comfort of your own home, at a time to suit you and your family/friends
At our dedicated training centre in Rochester.
You could even speak to us about organising a training session for you and a group of friends or relatives at a local venue
Planning your Baby first aid course
Our baby first aid courses are delivered at our centre in Rochester, in the comfort of your own home or setting or we can deliver the baby first aid courses (link is external) to nurseries and Childrens centres.
If holding a course at home why not invite friends from your antenatal classes and spread the cost.
We ideally teach no more than 6 people per class however we can accommodate 12 if you have suitable space for practical work.
- Our trainers will guide you through the syllabus answering any questions you may have:
- Primary assessment
- Unconscious casualty management
- Additional topics; i.e:
- Head injuries
For courses at your home please contact us to discuss dates;
Up to 6 people – £100 (£16.67pp if 6 people)
For 7 people – £112 (£16pp if 7 people)
For 8 people – £125 (£15.63pp if 8 people)
Weekend and evening rates are at NO extra charge (prices includes VAT where applicable and is subject to change).
Public courses – £15 per person.
Home or local venues: To book a course in your home or to arrange a course at a venue of your choice please click here to contact us.
Public courses: To book a place on our public courses click here.